One of the things I’d like to cover in this article is a number of beard trimmer reviews. Plain and simple. After this I’ll take a look at what’s the best nose hair trimmer.
There is no denying that most men wearing a beard will be judged older than they actually are. In addition (pay attention guys), most women do not (as in don’t) like men with beards. Possible exception could be Santa Claus. Maybe not.
And still a lot of men like the look of a stubbly beard. Slightly more than a “five O’clock shadow”, and definitely no beard. The advantage of having a stubbly beard is that it is easy to maintain (if you have the right beard trimmer) and you don’t have to shave every day, like you do if you go for the total clean look.
If you’re into stubbly beards than you might as well invest in a good beard trimmer. Below I’ll give you a number of beard trimmer reviews.
Beard Trimmer Reviews Overview
Here are the specific beard trimmers I will review:
- Philips Norelco QT4070 Vacuum Beard, Stubble and Mustache Trimmer Pro
- Wahl 9854-600 Lithium Ion All In One Trimmer
- Braun Cruzer-6 precision
- Philips Norelco BT9285/41 9100 Beard Trimmer
- Babyliss Super Stubble
Philips Norelco QT4070
- Integrated vacuum system – vacuum system captures cut hairs for mess-free trimming
- 18 secured length settings from 1/32 inch up to 23/32 inch (1mm up to 18mm)
- 1/64 inch (.5mm) stubble setting
- Turbo power boost button – boosts cutting and fan speed
- Multifunctional display for battery status and hair length
If you want to keep your stubbly beard you probably need to trim it quite often. This nifty little device not only does that, it also has a build in vacuum, making sure you won’t get any hairs in your bathroom sink. This way you could even trim your beard in the car. One of my favorites.
- Powerful lithium ion battery that hold a charge up to 10 times longer with 3 times the run time and 2 times the torque.
- Five minute quick charge and 1 hour full charge
- 3 beard guides, ear nose and brow detailer, dual foil shaver, T-blade trimmer with three guide combs.
- English and Spanish instructions
The makers of Wahl products usually get it right, as they have this time. It does what it’s supposed to do; trim your beard. What’s exceptional about this model is that it has a lithium-ion battery. These batteries last long, making this trimmer a good choice if you’re out and about and have way to recharge your gear.
Braun Cruzer-6 precision
- The perfect 2-in-1 tool for defining sharp beard styles.
- Unrestricted shape definition with the extra small trimming element
- Two trimming combs of 8mm and 5mm for precise trimming of sideburns, mustache and other details
- Compact, easy to handle and lightweight for absolute control
- Easy cleaning of head and combs under running water
Probably the smallest of the bunch and meant for those of you who are not just looking for a general trim, but how consider their facial hair more like an accessory; with this Cruzer you can make the finest lines and trims and really groom your beard to perfection.
Philips Norelco BT9285/41 9100 Beard Trimmer
- Laser guided precision for ultimate control
- Dual-sided trimmer for trimming and detailing
- Self Sharpening blades
- Lithium ion power with 60 minute cordless power; 1 hour charge time
- Fully washable
The second Philips Noreclo trimmer to make it to the list. This one is so special and innovative because it uses laser “guidance” to trim your beard. It’s not that there is a laser doing the trimming. No. There is actually a non-harmful laser beam guiding your trimming, guaranteeing a perfect cut always.
Babyliss Super Stubble
- 15 motorized length settings
- Rapid charging system
- Unique floating contouring head
- Advanced ultra-sharp electrochemically formed blades
- LCD display / Ergonomic design
The last trimmer is this beard trimmer reviews is a very light beard trimmer. Although the Babyliss brand might be less well know or possibly seen as a B brand, rather than an A brand, don’t underestimate the quality of this beard trimmer. Certainly worth a try.
Getting Rid of Nose Hair
I strongly feel that eventually every man (and I mean every man) should do: trim the hair that grows out of your nose. Period. I could stop here, but that would be too simple. And for those of you who are not convinced my objective is to convince you, so you will go out and get yourself the best nose hair trimmer
When I talk or think about nose hair I always need to think back to the TV program “Queer Eye for the Straight Guy”. At one particular episode they talked about nose hair and their “victim” (the one that was going to get the makeover) was advised to trim his nose hair. The even convinced him to buy one, which he did. Then in answer to the “victim’s” question “What should I do with it now?”, they simply answered “Just Stick it Up There!”. That made me laugh.
Growing Older and Hairier
As we (men and women) grow older we start to grow hair at places where we didn’t have hair when we were younger (and we start to loose hair where once we had hair). With men, this typically affect the ears and the nose. And personally I find it very distracting when I meet a man that has a big forest growing out of his nose. “Just Stick it Up There!”
Finding the best nose hair trimmer
If your goal is to find the best nose hair trimmer, than it makes sense to do some homework before you buy, to make sure you buy a product that meets your needs. Here are a couple of considerations:
- Multi-functional or stand alone? My first nose hair trimmer was a so called stand alone type. It would only trim my nose hair, and I could use it for my ears as well. Now a days I have a bread trimmer with a lot of accessories, also including a nose hair trimmer.
- Quality. As I said my first nose hair trimmer was just that. And I had bought it for about $10. More of an impulse buy. And I must say, it didn’t live up the the quality expectations I had. With this product as well: you get what you pay for. Tip: be careful when you consider buying a nose trimmer that operates on a single AA battery. It might not have the power to get the job done.
- Maintenance. Will your choice of products be easy to clean. A simple criteria for this is if you can take it apart easily to clean all the cut hairs.
- Budget. I should have spent a bit more money in the beginning and not buy a inferior product. So the lesson learned is to not be penny wise and pound foolish.
- Wet or Dry. Some of the best nose hair trimmer can be used in the shower as well.
Some Good Brands of Nose Hair Trimmers
Below is a selection of good nose and ear hair trimmers. Of course there are much more models, but these will get the job done.
- Panasonic ER430K Vacuum Ear, Nose & Facial Hair Trimmer
- Wahl 5546-200 Ear, Nose and Brow 2-in-1 Deluxe Lighted Trimmer, Black/silver
- Wahl 5537-1801 Cordless Battery Operated Beard Trimmer with Bonus Ear, Nose and Brow Trimmer
- Groom Mate Platinum XL PLUS – Nose Hair Trimmer -w/Leather Pouch & Brush – Lifetime Warranty – Made in the USA
- Remington PG520B Head To Toe Rechargeable Body Grooming Kit
Wrapping it Up
With these five beard trimmer reviews I hope I’ve helped to ease your search for a beard trimmer and given you some suggestions on what to look for and eventually what to buy.